INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY

digital marketing servicesin Northern virginia


Working with the Office of Communications and Marketing of Indiana State University to maintain, support and enhance their below College Websites that are built with Drupal Content Management System (CMS).

MODULES UPDATE:

UNIQUE NEEDS:

The client wanted to update the Drupal core and contributed module of all websites.

OUR SOLUTION:

Our team made a local copy of all websites from the hosting server. We updated the core and contributed modules in our local environment and ran the manual testing to ensure the stability of the websites. The website was thoroughly tested to find out if there is any regression. Module upgrading was done without affecting any custom module functionality throughout all sub sites. Changes were updated in the Development Environment for the client to review.

THEME REDESIGN:

UNIQUE NEEDS:

The client wanted to redesign the Drupal themes for all websites based on the new concept which was provide by the client in PSD Format.

SOLUTION:

We rebuilt the ISU College Sub Site theme without affecting existing the Drupal setup that is already in live. Design was given by the client as PSD Format, we converted the PSD in to HTML mockup which is fully responsive by using HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery. Custom theme was rebuilt based on the Mothership Theme. We used the preprocessor hook, custom modules based on Beans Block, custom TPL files, custom template files and hook menu to build the effective and responsive theme as per the Drupal standards. Panels layouts design has been updated by providing custom Template (theme hook) suggestions to override the original template files. New Drupal theme was updated in the Development Environment for the client to review the new design layout.

USER SECTION ASSIGNMENT DEFAULTS:

UNIQUE NEEDS:

Client wanted to fix the permission issue in the website, while adding a new user and assigning sections. “All of Main Menu” checkbox defaults to selected and will not save as un-checked after updating the permission for the new user.

OUR SOLUTION:

Workbench module holds the access permission for the new user, we fixed the issue and updated in the development environment. Upon approval by the client after reviewing the fix provided by us, our team has updated the changes in the live version of the websites.